THE MIND-BLOWING 6-STEP CREATIVITY PROGRAM THAT WILL FOREVER ALTER YOUR CAREER!
Would you like to …
- to easily and consistently generate an avalanche of amazingly creative ideas that leave the audience in awe of your originality and leave your competition jealous?
- be able to take complete control of your creativity and never again wait for creative ideas to come to you?
- to be viewed as a one-of-a-kind comedian and separate yourself from the over 100,000 other comedians working today?
- to do something new and different? Not just be “another comedian” doing the normal “comedian patter” with the audience?
- to be absolutely unique as a performer?
- to be the comedian that’s worth remembering long after a show?
LEARN HOW TO BE MORE CREATIVE FROM THE WORLD’S LEADING EXPERT ON COMEDIAN CREATIVITY!
This course is laser-focused on eliminating career-killers like…
- Lack of a fan base – We all know that the size of your fan base directly effects how much money you make it your career. Highly creative comedians draw monumental crowds TO THEM with little effort. Audiences always have (and always will) be drawn to the most creative comedians out there. It doesn’t matter how naturally funny you are, if you’re not HIGHLY creative, you’ll always struggle to build a fan base.
- Lack of understanding – Most comedians (and people in general) don’t understand that creativity isn’t fixed trait. Science has shown creativity is a skill that can be learned. The comedians that combine their comedy knowledge with intense levels of creative thinking are the comedians that have stood the test of time.
- Lack of Material – Every comedian would love to have even more dynamite material. Comedians that master these creative skills are the ones that consistently produce a new HBO special or DVD every year. Meanwhile, comedians who lack these creative skills are bogged down, relying on the same material the audience has heard before.
- Lack of focus – being unsure how to create a breakthrough idea pulls you in many different directions at once. Instead of having one intense focus that pulls you towards achieving your goal you end up unsure of even the smallest actions.
The truth is …
THE LEVEL OF THINKING THAT’S GOT YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE ISN’T GOING TO GET YOU TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Getting to the next level in comedy doesn’t require HARDER thinking… it requires a NEW WAY of thinking. Creativity offers every single comedian a way of breaking out of the competition through creating more unique, memorable performances. If you want to take your career to the next level you need to combine your comedy knowledge with new, higher levels of creativity.
How creative you are will make or break your career! You can leave it up to chance or you can take action by using these scientifically proven, breakthrough skills. Comedians that ignore the importance of creativity will be destined to continually struggle to build a large fan base.
The fact is …
YOU’RE ONLY USING A TINY FRACTION OF YOUR CREATIVE POTENTIAL!
Here’s the problem…
Most people believe that learning how to write comedy is the end of learning how to be creative… But this is just the beginning!
Nobody wants to spend long hours writing material only to end up with nothing to show for it. You spend hours in frustration as each idea fails one by one. You’re not sure what to write, and even if you did you’d be unable to get into a creative flow where ideas come pouring our of you.
While nobody wants to find themselves unable to get past writer’s block, there’s a scenario that’s much more common and much worse…
What if you spend years writing material only to realize that your lack of originality as a performer is costing you fans, gigs, and a ton of money? Even after years of hard work you’d be forced to toss out all your material and start from scratch. This is exactly what Richard Pryor and George Carlin went through before reinventing their careers. What Pryor, Carlin, and many others realized was that…
MORE OF THE SAME
NEVER ADDS UP TO THE BEST!
While you can always increase the quality of your material by simply rewriting, you can never change how original it is. If you want highly original material that the audience is going to remember long after the show, you have to get started now!
If you’re trying to become the best comedian you can possibly be, you can’t do it by simply attacking your comedy career the same as everyone else. There’s A LOT of talented and motivated comedians out there. That’s not what separates them from the comedy greats.
What separates them is only one factor, how creative they are. The fact is, it doesn’t matter how naturally talented you are or how hard you work, without drawing on high levels of creativity, massive success in stand-up comedy is impossible. This is why every single one of the top 100 comedians of all time (ranked by Comedy Central) was extremely different from all the others on the list. Before they could create massive success for themselves they had to be DIFFERENT from every other comedian. It was only after they applied a high level of creativity that audience members began to take notice. The only way to separate yourself from the crowd is to use high levels of creative thinking. If you want to break out of your career then creativity is essential.
Once you learn these powerful techniques …
- You’ll easily and consistently generate highly creative ideas that leave the audience remembering YOUR set at the end of the night.
- Your potential to earn money and draw fans to you is going to increase exponentially. In fact, being able to make the jump from a few paid gigs here and there to massive success in comedy is more often a result of a lack of creativity than any other factor.
- You will have complete focus. You’ll know exactly how creativity works and be able to zero in on the exact areas that will give you the most benefit in the least amount of time. You’ll no longer be pulled in many different directions while you’re writing. You’ll have complete focus every time you sit down to write.
- You will no longer worry if you’re creative enough to have a career in stand-up comedy. This program can increase your creativity whether you’re “naturally” creative or not.
- You will have a deep understanding of what creativity REALLY is, how it works, and how to draw upon massive levels of creativity to generate Earth-shattering ideas that separate you from your competition.
- You will gain the motivation, momentum and confidence that you need to be highly creative and achieve success in comedy.
On the flip-side, if you do not take the right action before it’s too late, you will likely end up with:
- More wasted time and energy
- More frustration
- More doubt
- No direction
- And a very high chance of failure!
Let me ask you this…
ISN’T IT TRUE THAT 90% OF YOUR BEST MATERIAL
CAME FROM ONLY A SMALL FRACTION OF TIME
SPENT “IN THE ZONE?”
What if you could take that creative flow and keep it going throughout your entire career? Where would your career be if you could consistently generate quality material for 6 months? A year? 10 years? or even 20 years in the future?!
There’s finally a way of taking control of your future success…
CREATIVITY FOR COMEDIANS
THE FIRST EVER CREATIVITY PROGRAM DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO ENHANCE COMEDIANS’ CREATIVITY!
Now you can…
- Separate yourself from every other comedian working today
- Generate TONS of high quality material effortlessly and consistently
- Create material that leaves the audience thinking “I’ve never seen anything like that”
- Create raving fans that want to go out and tell their friends about YOU!
- Make far more money!
THIS IS THE FIRST AND ONLY PROGRAM DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY HELP COMEDIANS GENERATE MORE ORIGINAL MATERIAL
Audience members don’t remember a comedian because they were a little funnier than the 20 other comedians that saw that night. They remember comedians that are highly original. Original is different. And…
DIFFERENT IS WORTH TALKING ABOUT
This is an in-depth program. It consists of over 6 hours of action-packed mp3’s that you can load up onto their computer, iPod, or any other mobile device and listen in the car, driving to shows… whenever. Throughout this program you’ll learn exactly how the greatest comedians of all time, comedians like Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Steve Martin, and Rodney Dangerfield have used these exact same strategies to generate highly original ideas that separated them from their peers.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN CREATIVITY FOR COMEDIANS
PSYCHOLOGY OF THE HIGHLY CREATIVE
“GAINING THE ULTIMATE ADVANTAGE”
RUNNING TIME: 21M 29S
In this module you’ll be getting:
- Proof That Creativity Is a MUST – Proof that the greatest comedians of all time had their breakthroughs only after using higher levels of creativity. Learn how now hall-of-fame comedians struggled in their career and how embracing creativity directly lead to their meteoric rise. Success in comedy isn’t about applying the same skills better than other comedians. It’s about combining those skills with high levels of creativity to create unique, memorable performances. Creativity doesn’t simply “benefit” your comedy career… it is what will make or break it
- What Great Comedians Do That Set Them Apart – Learn exactly what these comedians did that forever altered their career and how you can apply the same time-tested principles to stand out among other comedians.
- How to increase your fan base – Once you understand how now-famous comedians separated themselves to gain a following you’ll be able to consistently draw new fans and satisfy old ones even better.
- Tapping Your Full Potential – All creativity isn’t equal. The vast majority of comedians only apply one type of creativity to their writing, performing, and marketing. But there’s a second type of creativity that remains almost entirely untapped. Learn what the two types are, how to use them, and why every top-performer in every creative industry uses BOTH types types to reach the peak of their industry.
- Change creativity from a waiting game into an active pursuit – Sounds like a huge promise, doesn’t it? It was this very notion that first got me interested in creativity. By applying these principles I’ve been able to write and hone hours of stand-up, build 2 online businesses, and graduated with a 4.0 from a top university’s Master’s program. If your strategy is to “sit down and write,” then you’re not taking your creativity seriously enough. This is exactly how to take direct and complete control over your ability to be creative. Master this process the entire game changes.
“WHAT IS CREATIVITY”
RUNNING TIME: 37M 11S
This module is all about setting up a foundation that will guide your creative career for the rest of your life. Being highly creativity isn’t always about what you “do,” it’s also about what you think and believe.
- What creativity REALLY is – Creativity is more than simply coming up with new jokes and putting them on stage. Understanding what creativity truly is allows you to take control of it. It’s the difference between being the magician and being the audience. The magician understands exactly how to create the outcome again and again, while the audience is left in awe wondering how it even happened the first time.
- Creative Flow – When you’re in a creative flow, ideas come pouring out of you. Everything “clicks.” You’re writing comes to life. All the worry about what others will think falls away… it even feels like YOU disappear into a world of your own making. You simply can’t wait to jump on stage and show it off. Scientists who research flow call it a “peak state” for creatives because almost all the significant work is achieved during this time. Outside of flow, writer’s block and frustration reigns. Learn how stand-up comedy “how to” books have accidentally (I’m being nice, here) set you up to make achieving creative flow unnecessarily difficult. When you realize what’s happened, you’ll be able to shed yourself of these burdens while still being able to apply the lessons you learned along the way. You get to have you cake and eat it to!
- How to work with, not against, your creative brain – Did you know that brainstorming has been proven to DECREASE your creativity? Did you know that almost all short-term creativity “techniques” fail because they’re not designed to work with the brain’s natural processes? These lessons don’t just apply to “techniques,” they apply to every area of your creative life. Learn how to leverage your brain’s natural wiring to generate avalanches of creative ideas. Instead of fighting against yourself to generate ideas, this will show you exactly how to use the natural system your brain already has in place to generate creative ideas. When you stop the fight against yourself, you stop the frustration.
- Where creative ideas come from – From the outside, creativity looks magical. A creative person is seemingly able to take nothing and turn it into something people value. But the REAL story about where creativity comes from is even more intriguing. Learning where creative ideas come from is our first major step toward turning creativity from a waiting game into an active pursuit.
- Exponential Opportunity – Many struggling comedians often feel that “all the good ideas are taken.” In reality, there’s more opportunity for new comedians then there has ever been. Learn where these opportunities are and how to tap into them to drive your career.
“GOALS AND OUTCOMES OF CREATIVITY”
RUNNING TIME: 37M 41S
In this module we’ll zero in on our creative outcomes. This isn’t simply thinking “I want to be funnier.” You’ll learn very specific goals that will change how you approach your career. This module creates the kind of focus you’ll need if you’re going to make a significant impact in stand-up comedy.
- Focused direction – What if creativity wasn’t this ambiguous goal you have to achieve to succeed as a comedian? What if you understood exactly what creativity is, at its core? What if you could direct your full attention to smaller, concrete goals that, together, create highly unique ideas? This is the roadmap of creative success. If you wanted to make $1 million dollars, you wouldn’t just start throwing out ideas at random. “I want to make $1 million dollars” is too ambiguous of a goal to effectively take action on. Instead, you’d figure out specific goals that lead you down the path to being a millionaire… then you’d attack each goal knowing exactly what you wanted to achieve. It’s the same in creativity. Large, ambiguous goals lead to procrastination, ineffective actions, and wasted time and money. Small, clear goals that lead to success create forward movement and passion.
- Laser-Focused Creativity – One simple question can forever change your career. Great comedians in the past, such as Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Rodney Dangerfield, and Steve Martin created very specific outcomes for their creativity that lead their career in a different direction and ultimately into massively successful careers. Learn exactly how they “changed the question they were asking themselves.” Then learn how to create your own, unique path in comedy just like they did.
- Draw audience members to you – In this module, we’ll briefly do a 180. Instead of learning how to be creative, we’ll turn it around and ask “How do audiences judge OUR creativity?” What exactly makes them think one comedian is more creative, more interesting, or more worthy of remembering? When you understand how audience members judge highly creative ideas you’ll be able to design your writing and performance around key outcomes that will grow your fan base and make audiences want to “show you off” to their friends. Learn 3 specific strategies to get audience members to see you as an original performer in a sea of sameness.
THE CREATIVE PROCESS
“OVERVIEW OF THE CREATIVE PROCESS”
RUNNING TIME: 16M 10S
With your new foundations of creativity from modules 1-3, you’ll understand how to take control of your creativity. Modules 4 will give you a brief overview of modules 5-10. This module will introduce you to a time-tested, scientifically proven process for generating TONS of highly creative, original ideas for writing and performing. You’ll see what each step entails and how each step builds on itself to result in highly creative ideas.
- The creative process – In this module, you’ll learn exactly what the creative process entails and what you’ll do on each step, and how those steps will lead to achieving your goals. You’ll learn the 2 key components of the creative process and, more importantly, how to use them to take control of your writing process and avoid writer’s block.
- Blueprint for creativity – You’re exact blueprint on how to generate amazing ideas! Understanding this process is the ultimate advantage in comedy. Most people see creativity as unchangeable simply because they don’t understand that creativity is the combination of several different steps, some of which require you to do the exact opposite actions of other steps! This makes it literally impossible to do each step simultaneously. No wonder so many people think creativity is “either something you have or something you don’t.” Those that think creativity is a one-step process will never be able to control it. They can only keep guessing what to do next hoping for the best outcome. When you learn this process, you learn how to take complete control of your creativity. You can focus completely on the next step of the process. This entirely eliminates the road blocks comedians hit when they view creativity as a single step. You’re literally teaching your brain exactly what to do next. There’s no procrastinating because your “not sure what to do.”
- The path to consistent, highly creative ideas – This 6-step process is the ultimate advantage in comedy. Never before has their been an “exact path” on how to generate highly creative performances. For decades, comedy teachers have taught how to structure setups and punchlines. But knowing what a great joke looks like is different from being able to write one. This process provides a specific path for writing amazing comedy. What’s more, it’s a process that can be repeated again and again to get the same high quality results. Generate tons of high-quality, unique material. No other comedy program (live or online) teaches this process. Learn exactly how to use your knowledge, skills, and motivation with higher levels of creativity.
- Master divergent thinking – Divergent thinking is often synonymous with creativity, and yet, most creative professionals don’t understand how to maximize their divergent thinking skills to benefit their career. You’ll learn the 3 factors of divergent thinking and how to maximize each one.
“PRIMING THE PUMP- GETTING READY TO CREATE”
RUNNING TIME: 55M 18S
With your new foundations of creativity from modules 1-3, you’ll understand how to take control of your creativity. Modules 4 will give you a brief overview of modules 5-10. This module will introduce you to a time-tested, scientifically proven process for generating TONS of highly creative, original ideas for writing and performing. You’ll see what each step entails and how each step builds on itself to result in highly creative ideas.
- Developing creative intuition – Intuition is known as the “mark of an expert” because experts in every field share this characteristic. They have an almost magical ability to “just know” the answer without having to slowly think through the problem. You’ll learn how intuition is developed and exactly what you can do to harness it in your writing and performing.
- An NLP strategy for discovery – Learn a ridiculously effective method for discovering new ways to expand your material and your uniqueness. This method works on all levels of a comedians career: it can guide a comedian toward a highly unique style of writing and performing, it can be used to explore new directions for a bit, or test out individual jokes. This strategy is designed to highlight exactly where you are limiting your own creativity. Once you identify a mental block, overcoming it is extremely easy (in fact, usually identifying it alone will take away its power over you).
- Strategies for discovery – So many new comedians ask themselves “how can I make more material?” or “how can I make my material funnier?” While these are questions you’ll still ask yourself, you are going to learn strategies for answering a far more important question, “What do I need to do to create the career I REALLY want?” The answer to that question isn’t simply that you need “more laughs” or “more material.” The answer allows you to side-step the roadblocks to success. You can always re-write material to make it funnier and you can always write more material to get more time… but you can’t re-write your way into becoming UNIQUE. Being unique is about choosing your own battlefield and refusing to compete on other people’s terms. To become unique, you must figure out where you’re going to make your stand. This is exactly how to do it.
- Developing creative expertise – Learn one of the most powerful driving forces for success.
- Developing your uniqueness – We all want to be unique on stage. Here’s how you can begin the process.
- Overcoming these two traps leads directly to more original and more effective material. Learn how to identify potential creative ideas that very few comedians ever notice.
- The “Problem Traps” – 2 ways we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot when confronted with a creative problem.
RUNNING TIME: 54M 02S
Why is a chess grand-master such a formidable opponent? Because he has 10’s of thousands of different techniques he can apply in a chess match. This is what we’ll do in this module: build up so many techniques that we’ll always be able to make the perfect move. The first stage will teach you how to discover new techniques to put in your arsenal. Second, you’ll learn how to generalize these techniques to fit seamlessly into your material and performance. Last, you’ll learn how to take your material and combine these new techniques to create a wildly original performance. Altogether, you’ll go from a comedian with a few one-size-fits-all techniques to having a full arsenal that can be applied to any piece of material.
- Using your creative toolbox – You don’t have to reinvent the wheel to be highly creative. Learn how to identify use techniques and strategies in your toolbox to generate new, creative ones. We all know that you can learn a lot about comedy just from watching a veteran comedian… but have you ever stopped and gave it deep thought about what EXACTLY you could be looking for? Learn exactly what questions you should be asking yourself when your watching a fellow comedian.
- Shedding a techniques’ limitations – Learning new techniques can be an amazing way of expanding your writing and performing abilities… but using those new techniques to increase your uniqueness requires the ability to boil the technique down into its most basic components. Only then will you be free to masterfully combine techniques in wildly original ways.
- Creative alchemy – This is the step where we make something out of nothing. From the inside, you’ll know that you took very logical, sequential steps to generate your original ideas. From an outside perspective, you’ll look like a magician. Learn exactly how to combine your material with new techniques, new skills, and new knowledge to achieve a highly original performance. This alchemy step is divided into two sections: using conscious and unconscious creativity.
- Conscious creativity – Strategies for using your brain’s conscious processing power to generate ideas. Learn strategies for working your way through any creative problem.
- Unconscious creativity – Strategies for using your subconscious, the part of the brain outside of our direct control, to generate novel ideas. Here, you’ll learn how to guide your subconscious toward solving the problem for you. This is where you’ll find the vast majority of creative ideas.
RUNNING TIME: 21M 24S
This module dives into the second way the subconscious is used in creativity: providing insights. Behind every single “ah-ha moment” there’s a vast amount of conscious and unconscious creative thinking.
- Scientific Proof – Why every creative breakthrough comes from your subconscious!
- Finding your “ah-ha” moment – The “ah-ha” moment is the time when a highly creative idea magically pops into your head. Everything makes sense. You can’t even imagine how you didn’t see it before. Even though the ah-ha moment represents the culmination of our creative work, very few comedians understand how to take control of the process to generate ideas. Learn exact strategies for discovering the perfect idea.
- Guiding your subconscious toward creative ideas – Have you ever had an idea stuck in your head even though you kept trying to push out and think about something else? How would you like to guide those thoughts in a direction that will ultimately benefit your career? There are three factors that put the subconscious into “obsessed” mode, where it continually churns out ideas even when you’re not thinking about the problem. However, these ideas are ones to welcome because they set you apart from your peers and provide new material.
RUNNING TIME: 31M 09S
This stage will teach you what to look for in a creative idea of any kind, how to judge creative ideas, and how to analyze ideas to find “golden nuggets.” This module takes an initial creative insight and teaches you how to find the best ideas within your original idea and expand on them while eliminating the ideas that hold less value, leaving only the most high quality ideas.
- How to evaluate your creative ideas – Every comedian knows that quality material comes from quality evaluations. But most comedians only get a fraction of the benefit from evaluation because they’re stuck asking themselves the same exact questions as ever other comedian “Did this joke get a laugh?”, “How big was the laugh?”, or “Should I keep this joke?” This module expands on these strategies by giving you an exact framework to evaluate your ideas. Learn how to evaluate your ideas holistically (i.e. understand the “big picture”) and analytically (i.e. understand “the details”) and how evaluations changed based on whether they come from the audience, your peers, your friends, or yourself. Altogether, you’ll be able to determine whether your current material is going to help you build an ultimately successful career.
- How to get the most out of evaluation – If you ask yourself “Did the joke get a laugh?” you’ll get a yes/no answer. Ask yourself WHY the joke got a laugh and you’ll get a totally different answer. The second question gives you a way to grow as a comedian while the first leaves you with nothing. Discover how you can begin asking yourself a new set of questions when you evaluate yourself or other comedians in a way that guarantees you’ll take a step towards stand-up comedy mastery.
- Exactly what to evaluate your creative idea for – What exactly are you looking for when you are doing your rewrites or judging you material?
RUNNING TIME: 11M 37S
This module will teach you how to take your original spark and continually expand and improve on it. This is where your idea takes on a life of its own. Where you material no longer feels like a joke on the page. Learn how to take your first idea and flesh it out into entire stories and how to branch off material to develop multiple other stories. When you master elaboration, you master the ability to take single ideas and turn them into masterful stories. This is exactly how a comedian goes from building their first 5 minute set to becoming a headliner. This is where your creative idea goes from a single idea into an entire performance.
- The most effective way to begin writing – Have you ever really wanted to write, but not known where to start? Procrastination and writer’s block often result from not having a clear direction before sitting down to write. Using this 1 simple strategy will turn the first 5 minutes of your writing session into one of the most fun moments of your day. This strategy makes it easier to begin writing, allows you to have fun early on in the writing process (putting you in a better mood for writing comedy), and guides you towards expanding your material.
- Fleshing out your creative idea – Exactly how to take your initial idea and flesh it out into entire bits or even multiple stories. These techniques are all about expanding the length of your material without sacrificing quality.
- Story Synthesis – You future success doesn’t depend on how much time you can cover on stage… it depends on how hard you can kill in that time. In this industry, a comedian earns respect from quality, not quantity. Here’s how to take multiple stories or bits and combine them together into a single “super-bit” that has all the strengths of the other stories. This is THE path to creating killer closers that leave the audience breathless. Would you rather have 10 minutes of mediocre material or 5 minutes of dynamite?
- Stay in flow longer – How to use elaboration to stay in a creative flow for longer. Using this simple technique, you’ll be able to stay in a creative flow
- Layering complexity onto our idea – The often-cited advice “give the audience more than they expect” is often misunderstood by new comedians. They think “Ah. Make the audience laugh more.” While making the audience laugh is an obvious goal you want to achieve, you’d only be using one strategy in your playbook. It’s as if an aspiring chef said “I know how to become a great chef… I’ll cook another pot of soup.” That’s not how it works. Great creativity (in every industry) comes from learning the maximum amount you can from every experiencing. Just like the chef, you want to get specific in your evaluations before you “churn out another batch.” Giving the audience more than they expect doesn’t mean making them laugh harder, it means adding new, entertaining, and unique ideas into your material and performances. It’s the “spices” that are peppered through your performance. This “layering” takes your storytelling to a whole new level and not only makes you far more memorable to the audience, but also makes your stories infinitely more entertaining to listen to.
RUNNING TIME: 17M 09S
This module goes over how to implement an new ideas and how creative ideas spread. What does that mean to you? It means you’ll learn exactly how to introduce your creative ideas to the world and exactly how to get audience members to tell their friends about you. This module is not about “making everyone happy.” Trying that leads to an audience that can’t remember you simply cause you didn’t stand for anything. This module is about appealing so much to your target audience (the group of audience members that will be so drawn to you that they’ll tell their friends about your performance) that you’ll begin to dominate your own niche.
You’ll learn how creative ideas spread through society and how to use that information to zero in on the most influential audience members to help you build a HUGE fan base.
- Beyond “joke testing” – Testing out a joke is rather simple. You can know by the end of the night whether a joke you just wrote is working or not. But highly creative comedians don’t simply test out jokes in conventional ways.
- How to implement BIG ideas – Getting a joke on stage is simple. You can know by the end of the night whether a joke is working or not… But what do you do when your idea is bigger than a single joke or a single show? What do you do when you’re trying to create “a game changer?” Here’s how past game-changers have shown their ideas to the world.
- The process of implementing an idea – exact steps you can use to get a better response from the audience
- Using feedback – Using your newly hightened evaluation skills, you be able to get the most benefit out of audience feedback. This section will teach you multiple resources for obtaining quality feedback on your idea and reveal several obstacles that can kill a great idea before it’s had a chance to shine.
- How audiences accept highly creative ideas – Want your name to spread? Businesses have been employing specific strategies for decades to launch new products and gain new customers. Learn what businesses have spent millions of dollars learning and exactly how to apply it to your own comedy career. Learn the 5 types of audience members that are important to expanding your career and how to influence each type. This easy strategy will show you how to make your name and performances spread quicker and be accepted by more people.
“THE NEXT STEP”
RUNNING TIME: 14M 49S
The concluding module teaches you how to take all this information and make intense levels of creativity an everyday habit.
- Making YOUR impact on the industry – The ultimate achievement in any industry is being able to contribute to the future success of your industry. Pryor’s introduction of self-expression and Carlin’s use of political activism both changed the future of stand-up comedy. They didn’t simply gain massive success for themselves, they influenced a new generation of comedians and garnered attention for the industry as a whole … Instead of asking yourself “how do I survive?” begin asking “What can I do?”, “What’s possible?”, and “Where will I take my stand?” When you stop being singularly focused on writing and performing jokes, you begin to think strategically. You make different decisions than other comedians and separate yourself from them. In short, you become a leader… and you gain all the success that comes with it.
- Everyday creativity – How to apply these strategies in your everyday creative life both as a comedian and outside of comedy. This section is about taking these same strategies for becoming an amazing comedian and applying them to live an amazing life. The creative power that allows you to build, test, and refine material is the same power that can allow you to take control of other areas of your life.
- Making creativity a habit – Exact strategies you can use to train your brain to make creativity natural and effortless. This section is about taking creativity from something you “do” to someone you “are.” The more you flex your ability to create new ideas the more you’ll see identify as “a creative.” This is not simply a “nice way to think about yourself.” It actually exponentially increases your creativity.
- Expanding your opportunities – Compound interest allows investors to turn small amounts of money into huge sums because the money builds off of itself. Creativity is the same. Being just a little more creative today increases the opportunities you’ll have to be creative tomorrow, next month, next year, etc. The new opportunities that result from your creativity today will give you even more opportunities to create down the road.
SO WHO AM I?
My name is Jared Volle. I’ve been an improvisational comedian since 6th grade and a stand-up comedian since 2005.
Like any passionate comedian, I studied stand-up comedy inside and out. I read books, took seminars, took comedy classes… you name it. I first started studying creativity several years into my comedy career.
Let me be clear… I didn’t learn creativity to “become” creative… I learned it to increase the creativity that I already had.
As a comedian, I’ve been an opener for comedians such as Kyle Cease (voted #1 Comedy Central Special of 2009) and Louie Anderson (ranked one of the top comedians of all time). I’ve been through the hell-gigs where the audience just didn’t seem to care. I’ve been “comedian number 20″ on a show of 25+ comedians. Through all this, I’ve worked my way up to performing on shows with over a thousand excited audience members. I’ve performed at comedy clubs, theaters, amphitheaters, and college shows. I was even a finalist at the Great American Comedy Festival. Through all this, I found creativity to be the deciding factor in my success. I knew just as much about writing and performing when I was still doing hell-gigs. But when I began applying higher levels of creativity to my existent comedy skills, my career forever changed. My writing and performances were noticeably different from other comedians. Audience members remembered my name. I started getting invited to all the “cool shows” (not to mention the paid ones). New doors were opened that I’d only dreamed of before.
In 2010, I began teaching creativity and innovation at Colorado Free University. In my class I’ve taught these same principles to a wide variety of students: businessmen, entrepreneurs, various types of artists (including comedians)… even scientists. Creativity is a skill that touches all industries.
In my pursuit of ever-higher levels of creativity, I eventually completed a Master’s in Creativity & Innovation from Drexel University, the top creativity program in the United States, having studied directly under the president of the American Creativity Association.
Having an extensive background in both comedy and creativity makes me uniquely qualified to help comedians increase their creativity to separate themselves from their competition. My passion is the intersection of science and art. I never teach anything that is not supported by researches world wide. All the tools and strategies I teach have been used by countless creative people from various industries to achieve massive success. Creativity For Comedians represents the best of what I’ve learned through almost a decade of learning how to enhance my own creativity as a comedian.
THE CREATIVITY FOR COMEDIANS AUDIO PROGRAM WILL ALLOW YOU TO…
- Earn money – Being highly creative in your stand-up comedy means that you’ll differentiate yourself to the audience. You won’t just be “another comedian.” Your fan base is going to grow exponentially as a result of your increased creativity and differentiation. As your fan base grows, so does the number of gigs you book and the fees you can charge for each gig.
- Generate more original ideas – Consistently create ideas that separate you from your competition. The Faster & Funnier Creativity For Comedians Program consists of ACTIONABLE strategies that you can apply at any point to generate novel ideas.
- Generate a higher NUMBER of ideas – We’re not just talking a few more. You’ll be able to repeat this creative process over and over again to generate original idea after original idea. No more “not knowing what to write.” What would your career look like if you could CONSISTENTLY generate both a large QUANTITY and high QUALITY ideas throughout your entire career?
- Be more creative OUTSIDE comedy – While the course is specifically designed for comedians, everything in the program can be used to increase your creativity in any area of your life, whether you want to be more creative in art, business, or science. This program won’t just increase your creativity in comedy… it’ll change your creativity in every area of your life.
WHY IS THE PROGRAM COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM LEARNING STAND-UP COMEDY?
All creativity is made up of 3 separate areas.
- “Domain-specific knowledge”
- “Creativity-relevant skills”
- “Task motivation”
If you’ve ever taken a stand-up comedy class, read a “how to write stand-up comedy” book, or taken a comedy seminar, you learned tons of information about what it takes to be a comedian. You’ve learned how to write setups and punchlines, how to work the mic, how to perform, etc. This is all knowledge that is very specific to the stand-up comedy industry. While this information is absolutely vital to your comedy success, it’s only ONE piece of the puzzle.
The Creativity For Comedians Program focuses SOLELY on the second area of creativity, creativity-relevant skills. These skills make up the general thought processes that individuals in all fields go through in order to generate creative ideas.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO OVERLAP BETWEEN WHAT COMEDY TEACHERS TEACH AND THIS PROGRAM. THIS PROGRAM IS A NEW, COMPLEMENTARY SET OF SKILLS FOR YOUR COMEDY CAREER
Jared’s passion for the subject of creativity is exceptional. He is, to his core, a creative person. That creativity certainly shows up in his comedy work, but it has shone through even stronger in his work on the topic of creativity. When Jared first proposed his class on creativity he sent me a very extensive outline. I was impressed with the thoroughness and depth of his research as well the connections he was making between disparate areas of study. His ability to synthesize a wide variety of research and see patterns and extract common themes was extraordinary.
Dr. Helen Hand
President, Colorado Free University
Just wanted to let you know that I have completed the Creativity for Comedians program and it is FANTASTIC!!!
I’m a visual artist and I’m currently using it to solve my art related problems. I went through the program twice over 6 days.
I find that it takes a lot of anxiety off me (which I’ve had for about 25 years, both as student and professional) as it makes the process of dealing with ideas time bound. This means I can generate good quality ideas at will, whenever required and within deadlines without the stress of worrying when I’ll get the right ideas, whether they are usable and if they will work.
Thank you once again and congratulations on creating this exceptional program!
Jenny B., Comedian & Visual Artist
I really enjoyed this class, and realized I could look at problem-solving and thinking creatively quite differently than in the past. Realizing that I am already naturally creative, and that many of the most seemingly innovative inventions were ideas that were existing already, just applied from another genre. Jared’s teaching was clear and informative, as well as highly entertaining- he really knows his stuff.
Pamela Grace, Student, Colorado Free University
This was the best and most important class I have taken. Learning how to create is the single most important topic one can take to aid in living one’s life. Jared’s presentation is highly organized and comprehensive. I recommend this class to anyone wanting to leave the ‘box’ of being a victim and start participating in one’s own life.
John Marquard, Student, Colorado Free University
“CREATIVITY TECHNIQUES THAT WORK”
RUNNING TIME: 1H 28M 27S
This bonus module walks you through 18 creativity techniques that you can apply at any moment to any situation to generate highly original ideas. These techniques can be used at any time to help you…
- Develop a deep understanding of creative problems
- Build off of what’s worked in the past
- Find your “unique selling point” (why audience members would choose YOU over any other comedian)
- Identify factors that are critical for your success
- Find your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in your career
- Find areas where you’ll get more results in the least amount of time
- Teach your subconscious to generate ideas
- A daily workout for creating ideas
- A technique for finding false beliefs and adopting a new, empowering belief system
- Identify your challenge
- Change perspective
- Find new, more original combinations for ideas
- Get the best of both words – turning negatives into HUGE positives
- An problem solving technique that draws on intuition
- Decode your dreams
- Communicate with your subconscious
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Explore alternative ideas using SCAMPER to revise your material
NO QUESTIONS ASKED
If Creativity For Comedians doesn’t COMPLETELY REVOLUTIONIZE your writing and performing then return in within 60 days of purchase and receive a full refund.
As with all our courses, if for ANY REASON you want your money back you’ll get every penny. Even if your reason is “I really love this product… but I don’t have enough money in my bank account.” The only way you’ll lose money is if you don’t take this offer and struggle for years trying to figure all this out on your own.
- Has nothing to do with building more stand-up comedy knowledge. The program is designed so that there’s absolutely NO OVERLAP between what comedy teachers teach in their classes and what this program teaches. It’ll be 100% new information that helps you take the information you already learned and combine it with new, higher levels of creativity.
- Works for every single type of comedian at every single level of the industry. You won’t outgrow this class. It’ll be just as applicable to you today as 10 or 20 years in the future.
- It works OUTSIDE of the comedy industry as well. No matter what field you want to be creative in, this program will help you generate TONS of highly original ideas quickly with a process that’s easily repeatable.
- Is solely about taking your current knowledge of stand-up and increasing your creativity
P.S. – This program is a completely new, complementary set of skills for your comedy career. There’s no overlap with the classes and books you’ve read.